EAS312 ART AND ARCHAEOLOGY OF EARLY CHINA
Instructions to the Second Term Assignment
Reviews of five (5) academic journal articles (one page per review – a total five pages).
DUE: Feb 24th There is 1% per day penalty for delay submission.
MUST be submitted online via Quercus, NO hardcopy is accepted!
1. I have selected five academic journal articles from your First Assignment submission.
2. IF YOUR FIRST TERM ASSIGNMENT DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY JOURNAL ARTICLES, RESULTING IN
NO SELECTION, OR LESS THAN FIVE QUALIFIED ARTICLES, YOU MUST PROVIDE MORE THAN 20
JOURNAL ARTICLES FOR ME/KARA TO SELECT FOR YOU before you can proceed with this term
3. One single-sided page only (DO NOT GO OVER SPACE) PER ONE REVIEW (for a total of 5 pages), single spaced with one line-space between paragraphs IS acceptable.
4. The review must start with the reference citation of the article you are reviewing with the required reference style (American Antiquity).
5. Clear summary/annotation. Your summary is not just an abstract of the article; you need to demonstrate what you have understood or have difficulties in understanding (which is NOT a bad thing), or how you have tried to understand the themes/methods/models that the author(s) tries to argue.
6. You have to demonstrate what archaeological evidence the author(s) use to make their arguments (and of course you need to show first what the arguments are).
1. Reference indication (using the required reference style)
2. Understanding the topic (of the articles you have selected)
3. Understanding the author(s)’ arguments/statements
4. Critical thinking and your interpretation
link of one of the readings: https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/antiquity/article/building-the-terracotta-army-ceramic-craft-technology-and-organisation-of-production-at-qin-shihuangs-mausoleum-complex/5A47E970740549E6EA31D957EB014AD1/core-reader