Public Health Nursing in Disaster and Emergency Response Presentation
Develop a 10-15 slide PowerPoint presentation highlighting one recent natural or human-caused disaster. Within the PowerPoint,
1. Describe your chosen disaster and a response.
2. Identify the role and responsibilities of the public health nurse in each phase of emergency management.
3. Explain the concept of resilience and giving of self to serve others throughout the disaster.
4. Provide a conclusion slide of the overarching themes.
APA style is not required, but solid academic writing? Is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Refer to the resource, "Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations," located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
Hello, can you please answer the questions above in a power point form? I reside in Los Angeles County in California. This is a public health class in nursing. The book below is the one we are using. I understand you guys have access to it. Please don’t omit any of the questions. Thank you
NOTE: this presentation is related to the previous 2 DQ’s. The tittle for the DQ1 was: Napa and Sonoma Counties Deadly Fires in 2017. And the DQ2 tittle was Four Phases of Emergency Management During a Disaster. (ordered on 2/10/20)
NOTE: below are the objectives for this week’s assignments.
Improving Quality and Population Health.
NOTE: Once again don’t omit any of the requirements for the presentation and please make our PPP look good. Thank you
1. Examine the unique role of the public health nurse in emergency preparedness and response.
2. Describe the four phases of emergency management during a disaster.
3. Explain the concept of resilience in public health nursing.
Read "Building a Culture of Health," from Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (n.d.).
Read "Global Public Health," from Johnson and Johnson (2018).
Read "Bending the Cost Curve and Improving Quality of Care in America’s Poorest City," by Miller, Cunningham, and Ali, from Population Health Management (2013).
Read "Using Prevention and Measurement to Drive Quality Improvement," by Smiley, from Journal of Dental Hygiene (2015).